Is Your Hair Color Aging You?
Master hair colorists concur that Mother Nature is the mastermind when it comes to knowing what hair color is best for your skin tone. Just think of it, before you started playing around with hair color did you need to ask the question; “What hair color is best for my skin tone?” And, as of yet, have you seen a kid with hair color too dark, too light, or with a natural hair color that doesn’t work with their skin tone??
That’s right, the next time you find yourself asking the question, consider going with a base color that mirrors the hair color you had at 10 years old! From that point the right hair colors for your skin tone can be added as warm or cool high lights or lowlights.
If you are under 30, you may be able to get away with wearing hair colors that are far from your natural hair color. But, skin tone changes over the years and hair colors that once looked good can now look harsh or ashen and even make you look sickly . . . ugggh!
Take this questionnaire to find out your skin tone!
Ashy or Pale Hair Skin Tones
- Add warmer high lights, golden or honey, to your natural base hair color.
Pink or Ruddy Hair Skin Tones
- Add cooler tones of ash brown or icy blondes to off-set the redness.
Dimensional Hair Color
Multiple shades of cool or warm tones added to your base color adds dimension to the hair.
- Brunettes can add caramel hair high lights for warmth. Mocha or chocolate colors for depth.
- Redheads might add copper or golden high lights to brighten, or shades of brown to deepen to a shade of auburn.
Fall hair colors this year have tones with names like mocha, chocolate, icy blondes and fiery reds! Check out the chart of hair colors for more ideas!
Make sure you check out my other hair skin tone articles:
- Tips for Finding Your Best Hair Colors for Your Skin Tone
- What hair color skin tone?
- The Right Hair Colors for Your Skin Tone
- Sexy Red Hot Hair for Cool Skin Tones
- Best Hair Colors for Your Skin Tone
- How to Match Skin Tones and Hair Colors
Share this article
Tags: Hair Color Skin ToneSeptember 22, 2011 By: Barb Quinn Hairstyle Blog Leave your comments (4), Your input matters.
4 Comments »