Carrie Underwood Inspires Holiday Hairstyles
Holiday Hair – Carrie Underwood Style!
As the temperature drops and the malls magically morph into Christmas shopping mode, Hairstyle Blog starts our countdown of “Top Holiday Hair Style Picks” and How-To’s for the season!
This week we think Carrie Underwood is the darling to look at as she flaunts some of the cutest and most coveted long hair styles fitting for our picks this season. Once again she didn’t disappoint at The 44th Annual CMA Awards. Even though she didn’t go home with the trophy for the ‘Female Vocalist’ or ‘Album of the Year,’ we think she looked outstanding in all of her fashion and hairstyle change-ups.
The Messy Bun
We think this magnificently mussed ‘messy bun‘ will be a great hairstyle this season. The tousled updo is one of my favorite looks and also ranks high on our ‘quick and easy hairstyles‘ list as well. If you have a lot of hair you can easily make this into two messy low buns.
- Work volumizer through dry hair.
- Curl with medium curling iron or set hair in rollers.
- Sweep length into a loose ponytail at the nape leaving some side fringe out.
- Twist length loosely around pony and pin leaving some ends untucked.
Long hairstyles with bangs
Carrie wore this glamorous hairstyle with side swept bangs and side ponytail last year, but we think it still has a classy sophistication that is worthy of consideration at any party this year. This long hairstyle with bangs is perhaps one of the easiest formal hair styles to wear but didn’t forget to wear some memorable earrings!
You’ll want to create shiny, smooth, healthy looking hair for this formal updo. Try a deep conditioning treatment with heat a few days before your holiday event. Most updos work better on second day hair where the cuticle lays flatter for shinier hair and the hair holds better in bands and pins.
- Apply a product like Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream or Moroccanoil and blow dry hair.
- Curl with a medium barrel curling iron for loose waves and let cool.
- Backcomb at the crown to create lift.
- Brush hair smooth to one side with a deep side part. Leave out some side fringe.
- Secure a low side ponytail with clear elastic.
- Wrap ½ in piece of hair from ponytail around the elastic and secure with two pins.
The Half Updo
For those of you who want to keep some hair on your shoulders this season, this side swept half-updo works great! Carrie Underwood looks adorable in this half-up hair style! This is another quick and easy hair style that especially shines with a little sparkle clip in the back!
- Spray hair with a light mist of a working spray like, Joico Design Collection Shaping Spray.
- Wrap hair around a medium curling iron working mid-shaft to ends.
- Pin curls and let cool.
- To create crown lift take one inch sections from middle to back, spray at the roots and back comb.
- Smooth over with brush and gather sides up into a half ponytail.
- Secure the sides with pins and gently pull curls into place with fingers.
- Mist with a shine spray like John Frieda Frizz Ease Shine Glossing Mist.
For further discussion on holiday hair styles you might want to check out these other articles:
- Holiday Hairstyles From Nexxus Hair Products
- Easy Holiday Hairstyle Idea
- Six Holiday Hair Styling Videos
- Jessica Alba Updo Holiday Hairstyles
- Holiday Hair Style How-To Video from Rihanna’s Stylist!
- Party Hair for The Holidays
Other Articles You Might Enjoy
Share this article
Leave your comments (0), Your input matters.
No Comments »
No comments yet.