Hairstyles So Hot, They’re Worth Wearing
The year of 2012 was certainly eventful with another Presidential Elections and a Mayan apocalypse under our belts. But another memorable part of 2012 was of course, the fabulous hairstyles. From flirty up-dos to sexy texture, the past year has revealed relaxed, feminine, and timeless hairstyles that are worth wearing into 2013.
DEEP SIDE PARTS
- Who is it Best For: Straight or wavy hair, medium to long lengths, Round, Heart, Square & Oval Face Shapes.
- How to Style: Apply volumizing spray on roots, focusing on the crown and the left and right of the part. Use a comb to create a clean side part. Allow hair to air dry and style with a large curling iron or blowdry with a roundbrush.
- Recommended Products: Redken Body Full Volume Spray
FACE FRAMING HIGHLIGHTS
- Who is it Best For: Those who want highlights without monthly retouches, medium to long lengths, and naturally medium to dark hair.
- How to Style: This hair color looks great with face framing layers. Smooth and straight, or tousled and wavy, this color can be worn in a variety of hairstyles.
- Recommended Products: Kenra Platinum Color Care Shampoo & Conditioner
- Additional Tips: Keep color looking fresh and shiny with hair gloss treatments every 4 to 6 weeks.
- Who is it Best For: Fine to Medium Hair, Oval, Heart, & Oblong Face Shapes
- How to Style: Apply texture cream or beach spray to towel dried hair. Section hair into three or four large braids. Speed up dry time with a blow dryer, or allow to air dry. Remove braids and enjoy sexy, relaxed waves.
- Recommended Products: Sexy Healthy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray
- Additional Tips: For more bounce, touch up straighter pieces with a medium to large barrel curling iron.
- Who is it For: Heart, Round, Square, & Oval Face Shapes
- How to Style: For a tousled and sexy bob hairstyle, apply a mousse for volume and texture on towel dried hair. Blowdry the roots for volume and finish off with a dry wax for pieciness.
- Recommended Products: Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam; Paul Mitchell Dry Wax
LONG WISPY BANGS
- Who is it For: Ideal for naturally straight hair, this hairstyle works well on Oblong, Heart & Oval Face shapes.
- How to Style: Comb bangs forward while hair is damp. Blow dry bangs with a flat or round brush and touch up with a flat iron when completely dry if needed. Emulsify a tiny drop of shine serum in hands to run through hair and bangs for control and shine.
- Recommended Products: Enjoy Shine & Smooth
- Additional Tips: For this edgy, wispy bang it’s ideal for a hairdresser to point cut to add texture and reduce bluntness. Also, ask your stylist to go on the longer side; you can always ask them to go shorter, but they can’t put length back on!
EDGY SHORT (short!) STYLES
- Who is it For: All hair types; Face Shapes that are Heart & Oval.
- How to Style: Apply a volumizing gel or mousse on towel dried hair. Use a blow dryer on the roots to create volume and movement. Use a dry wax spray on tousled style. Use fingers to create additional volume and style.
- Recommended Products: KMS Hair Play Dry Wax
See my other spring hair color trends article on Visual-Makeover
Got a question, war story or comment about this topic? Click on the "Leave Your Comments" link at the very bottom of this article. Some of my best ideas for future articles come from reading reader comments. I'd love to hear from you!