Hairstyles So Hot, They’re Worth Wearing
The year of 2012 was certainly eventful with another Presidential Elections and a Mayan apocalypse under our belts. But another memorable part of 2012 was of course, the fabulous hairstyles. From flirty up-dos to sexy texture, the past year has revealed relaxed, feminine, and timeless hairstyles that are worth wearing into 2013.
DEEP SIDE PARTS
- Who is it Best For: Straight or wavy hair, medium to long lengths, Round, Heart, Square & Oval Face Shapes.
- How to Style: Apply volumizing spray on roots, focusing on the crown and the left and right of the part. Use a comb to create a clean side part. Allow hair to air dry and style with a large curling iron or blowdry with a roundbrush.
- Recommended Products: Redken Body Full Volume Spray
FACE FRAMING HIGHLIGHTS
- Who is it Best For: Those who want highlights without monthly retouches, medium to long lengths, and naturally medium to dark hair.
- How to Style: This hair color looks great with face framing layers. Smooth and straight, or tousled and wavy, this color can be worn in a variety of hairstyles.
- Recommended Products: Kenra Platinum Color Care Shampoo & Conditioner
- Additional Tips: Keep color looking fresh and shiny with hair gloss treatments every 4 to 6 weeks.
- Who is it Best For: Fine to Medium Hair, Oval, Heart, & Oblong Face Shapes
- How to Style: Apply texture cream or beach spray to towel dried hair. Section hair into three or four large braids. Speed up dry time with a blow dryer, or allow to air dry. Remove braids and enjoy sexy, relaxed waves.
- Recommended Products: Sexy Healthy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray
- Additional Tips: For more bounce, touch up straighter pieces with a medium to large barrel curling iron.
- Who is it For: Heart, Round, Square, & Oval Face Shapes
- How to Style: For a tousled and sexy bob hairstyle, apply a mousse for volume and texture on towel dried hair. Blowdry the roots for volume and finish off with a dry wax for pieciness.
- Recommended Products: Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam; Paul Mitchell Dry Wax
LONG WISPY BANGS
- Who is it For: Ideal for naturally straight hair, this hairstyle works well on Oblong, Heart & Oval Face shapes.
- How to Style: Comb bangs forward while hair is damp. Blow dry bangs with a flat or round brush and touch up with a flat iron when completely dry if needed. Emulsify a tiny drop of shine serum in hands to run through hair and bangs for control and shine.
- Recommended Products: Enjoy Shine & Smooth
- Additional Tips: For this edgy, wispy bang it’s ideal for a hairdresser to point cut to add texture and reduce bluntness. Also, ask your stylist to go on the longer side; you can always ask them to go shorter, but they can’t put length back on!
EDGY SHORT (short!) STYLES
- Who is it For: All hair types; Face Shapes that are Heart & Oval.
- How to Style: Apply a volumizing gel or mousse on towel dried hair. Use a blow dryer on the roots to create volume and movement. Use a dry wax spray on tousled style. Use fingers to create additional volume and style.
- Recommended Products: KMS Hair Play Dry Wax
Save this page to: del.icio.us - Digg it - Yahoo MyWeb
Leave your comments (0), Your input matters.