6 Easy Steps For The Perfect Blow Out Hairstyle
My hair looks and feels so fabulous after a visit to the salon for a professional blow out. If you’ve never experienced it, I highly recommend treating yourself to one for your next birthday or special occasion. But how can you get a little slice of heaven at home with your blow dryer? Take heart, with a few tricks of the trade and the right tools and product, you can give yourself a beautiful salon style blow out!
1. Wash and condition hair with products designed for your hair type. Curly hair needs smoothness and moisture Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo & Conditioner, while straight, fine hair needs body and volume B&B Thickening Shampoo & Conditioner.
2. Towel dry and air dry hair for 15 to 20 minutes. This will minimize unnecessary heat damage. Don’t rub hair vigorously with a towel but pat and squeeze allowing the natural fibers of the towel to absorb moisture.
3. Prep with product that’s right for your texture. Morroccan Oil, is awesome for curly hair. Not only does it smell divine, but it makes hair ultra shiny and reduces blow dry time by 40%. Follow up with a styling creme like Redken Styling Balm. For straight and/or fine hair apply John Frieda Luxurious Volume Lavish Lift Root Booster . To the mid-shaft and ends apply a cocktail of Paul Mitchell Gloss Drops and Paul Mitchell Extra Body Thicken up Styling Liquid.
4. Quick dry hair to remove 80% of moisture. Flip head over and dry with fingers while focusing the heat first on the roots and then the ends. This will give roots that extra bit of lift while cutting down on styling time.
5. Use a round brush. For curly and/or frizzy hair, a boar bristle brush will add smoothness and shine. A thermal brush offers control and volume for fine hair. Section the top portion of hair up into a clip and start at the bottom. First focus the brush at the roots, over directing the section away from hair’s natural growth. Continue to the ends, spinning the brush to give extra movement. Make sure each section is 100% dry before moving on. Proceed until you’ve round brushed every section.
6. Finish the look by running your fingers through it and teasing the crown for an extra boost. Use a finishing spray to lock in the style. If you want your look to last several days, put hair in a loose ponytail on the top of the head to sleep.
Ever wonder what celebrities’ secrets are to effortless, gorgeous hair? It’s all in the power of a great blowout! You don’t need to hire a professional hair stylist to get beautiful volume and waves. With a little bit of practice, your friends will be asking what your secret is.
Other Articles You Might Enjoy
Share this article
Tags: Blow Out HairstyleJanuary 31, 2013 By: Lindsay Hausch Leave your comments (0), Your input matters.
No Comments »
No comments yet.