9 Ways to Make Hair Grow Faster
Do’s and Don’ts to Make Hair Grow Faster
Just like any other part of your body, your hair is a complex feature that requires the right upkeep. Curly? Oily? Thin? It’s pretty obvious that everyone’s hair is different, so it’s important to know what routine and hair products work best for you. Here are a few dos and don’ts for growing your hair faster, no matter what your hair type.
1. Wash too often – your hair relies on the natural oils that your body produces just like your skin. So stripping away those oils frequently with shampoo can leave your hair vulnerable to damage. Warm water is fine everyday, but shampoo can be hindering to your hair’s natural growth process.
2. Overload on hair product – depending on your type (thickness, length, etc.) your hair may only need a basic shampoo (check for vitamins and minerals) and conditioner for moisture. Make sure if you’re using a hair styling product that you wash it out with water when you get home.
3. Smoke or drink often – these habits affect your hair as much as they do the rest of your body. So try to limit this. Otherwise wash your hair out with water at the end of the day.
4. Over-dry or stress your hair with curling. This is obvious, too much blow-drying, crimpling and curling and friction on the hair can cause direct and noticeable damage. This goes for men too. Most men rub their hair with a towel when wet, however experts suggest dabbing lightly with the towel or running your hands through to get rid of excess water.
5. Wear hats – Attention Men! Wearing a cap in the winter to stay warm is acceptable and of course necessary. The common myth is that wearing a hat too often can cause hair loss. Not true. The alopecia gene responsible for hair loss is passed down, inevitable in other words, and is not affected by your daily habits. However in the summer this can be hazardous to your hair growth. Clogged pores in your scalp can limit your hair’s growth. In the end, it is important to protect your scalp from the sun’s damage, however it is also important to keep your scalp dry and sweat-free during summer months.
1. Use natural products – you can use at home remedies to treat problem hair. Using a blend of vegetables and oils can save money and do wonders for your scalp and hair. Avocados and cooking oils are just a few tricks people have been using for decades to give their scalp and hair the nutrients it needs.
2. Drink lots of water and vitamin-rich juices – these will replenish any lost moisture and damage due to pollution while promoting faster hair growth.
3. Wear your hair down naturally as much as possible. This way your hair will grow faster, naturally and limit damage and stress.
4. Eat well – your hair responds to the changes you make to your body, including nutrition. So incorporating foods rich with vitamins and minerals will give your hair the extra boost it needs to grow faster and longer.
A neat trick you can utilize to make hair grow faster is a scalp massage. A thorough head massage increases blood flow to your scalp which aids in the absorption of nutrients. As a result of increased nutrient absorption guess what? Your hair grows! Routinely incorporate a scalp massage into your shower time and longer thicker hair will follow shortly.
At the end of the day remember, your hair was meant to grow naturally, so be vigilant and mindful of what you put in and what you do to your hair. But don’t let this scare you from looking your best and trying new hairstyles. Make sure to talk your hairdresser to get their opinion on daily routine and up-keep, they may know your hair better than you do.
Bio: Guest author Cristina Jackson has been passionate about writing hair care related articles for the last 2 years. She is a hair stylist and she is sharing free tips and tricks about hair care on her personal website: http://howtomakeyourhairgrowfasterr.com
Other Articles You Might Enjoy
Share this article
No Comments »
No comments yet.