Tips Maintain Control of Hair Frizz in Humidity
With summertime approaching fast (can’t come fast enough here in Minnesota) I’ve kept my eyes and ears open for which hair frizz fighters are getting the most buzz this season. I swear, the hair care industry cashes in big time this time of year with products containing any of these words in the description; anti-frizz, high shine, straightening or smoothing serum, defrizzer, silicone . . . I’m sure to be forgetting some . . . oh yeah, don’t forget, sunscreen.
But before mentioning the frizz busters I hear getting the most attention this season, here is a quick review of how to handle your curly, frizz day-to-day for the smoothest results possible.
- Start by finding a hairdresser who knows how to shape curly hair and keep it trimmed regularly.
- For the best of all worlds, go with the curl and don’t fight it in the heat of the summer.
- Wear new creative up-dos and hat’s and shampoo your hair as little as possible.
- Use the no-shampoo routine daily or every other day, using a conditioner in the shower combing it through with your fingers.
- Rinse with cool water.
- Towel blot and finger comb in a leave-in conditioner.
- Use a wide toothed comb to de-tangle.
- Apply your choice of defrizzing product now and scrunch in. If your hair is thick and curly , skip the scrunching, the less you manipulate your hair the better curl result you’ll get.
- A deep conditioning weekly can dramatically help hair look smoother and shinier.
- To touch up your hair in the day, dampen fingers with water and conditioner and twist on ends or where needed.
If you’re looking for a more permanent solution to your problem you may be interested in hearing what a fellow blogger has to say about finding an answer to her lifelong problem of wavy, hair frizz.
The top hair frizz busters getting the most buzz this season,
- Biosilk, Silk Therapy
- John Frieda’s, Frizz Ease Hair Serum
- Joico K-Pak Smoothing Balm
- Paul Mitchell, Gloss Drops
Aveda, Brilliant Anti-Humectant Pomade
As much as this sounds like an oxymoron, a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner is still a good choice for those of you who get frizz in summers humidity. The hair types that need to fight frizz mostly are curly, dry and coarse dry hair and these types need moisture. Another third of the population, who normally have relatively easy hair to work with, start pulling the stuff out at the roots, or hide it under hats, or tie it back in knots to rid the frustration of hair frizz.
Other Articles You Might Enjoy
Share this article
Tags: Hair FrizzMay 15, 2011 By: Barb Quinn Hairstyle Blog Leave your comments (0), Your input matters.
No Comments »
No comments yet.