A Super Sleek Ponytail is Party Perfect!
No need to get overly complicated with your go-to party do’ this season. This super sleek ponytail was a hit on runways and red carpets this year and . . . why not? It’s a hairstyle that dresses up any look, for any occasion, and the best part is . . . it’s quick and easy! With just a few tips, you can be party pretty in no time. Start with day old hair, it will be easier to work with, or, try a bit of dry shampoo to give clean hair some workable texture.
- Step 1 ~~ Begin by creating a rectangular parting on the top of the head. Clip away.
- Step 2 ~~ Brush remaining hair into a ponytail while tilting your chin up. This will create a tighter, more sleek look in the nape area. I suggest using a bungee to secure thick hair.
- Step 3 ~~ Back-comb the top section of hair, beginning in the front, with one inch sections.
- Step 4 ~~ Hold the top section with one hand and use your opposite hand to smooth over the outer surface areas. A boar bristle brush works best for finishing, it will create a smooth, polished look to the hair. Lightly spray top.
- Step 5 ~~ Wrap the top section to one side of the ponytail and smooth with your hand or brush.
- Step 6 ~~ Wrap the ends around the ponytail, and mist with a finishing spray. Secure with a bobby pin on the underside of the ponytail. Add more pins if needed.
Optional: For a bit more polish, finish ends with a shine spray and flat iron.
I hope you will give this quick and easy ponytail a try this holiday season! Just curious . . . is this a style you would wear?
Photos courtesy of Raina Estrem
Contributing author Neilie Weidell is a professional cosmetologist at The Uptown Hair District in Minneapolis, a former Bumble and Bumble Educator, and Wella Education Specialist. Neilie has worked with the best, including celebrity hair stylists Kaz Amor, Nicholas French, Nick Arrojo, The Doves, Gina Khan, Richard Hudavoni and Melissa Stone of Sojourn.You can follow Neilie’s blog at http://www.neilieweidell.com or on Twitter @mplsstylist.
Share this article
Got a question, war story or comment about this topic? Click on the "Leave Your Comments" link at the very bottom of this article. Some of my best ideas for future articles come from reading reader comments. I'd love to hear from you!
Tags: Sleek PonytailDecember 7, 2012 By: Neilie Weidell Leave your comments (0), Your input matters.
No Comments »
No comments yet.