Hair for Kids
Here is a complete listing of all of our articles having to do with the topic of " Hair for Kids"
Mom’s and Kids Hair
Hair Products on a Budget!
Hair products are a commodity that we all need to a bigger or lesser degree and in this economy, most of us are looking for ways to save money where we can and a easy place to start is with hair products
Our guest writer today, Kaylen Smith, offers some easy things to do to make your money stretch further with hair products. Couponing is probably one of the hottest marketing tools hair product manufacturers have embraced today. Thanks Kaylen, especially for the suggestion to join mailing lists of favorite brand hair products we love . . . its money for the taking!
Hair Products – 5 Ways to Save Money
Did you know that the average woman spends $50,000 on her hair over the course of her lifetime? About $160 a year is spent on shampoo and conditioner alone. As important as these hair products are, most of us would like to find a way to spend a little less. Here are a few things you can do so that you don’t end up spending a year’s salary on your hair before you die.
First of all, consider buying in larger quantities. Hair care products are like any other commodity in that you are given a break on price when you buy in bulk. Many of us are reluctant to pay more up front, so remind yourself that you are saving money in the long run. Just make sure you are already familiar with the hair products, because if you buy large quantities of something you aren’t going to want to use later you will have thrown a lot of money out the window.
There are so many other deals available that you have no excuse for overpaying:
1. Join mailing lists – Sign up for the mailing lists at your favorite hair product companies. They will often send incentives to you that can help you claim some serious discounts.
2. Discounts on more than one purchase – Just like buying in bulk, buying additional quantities can often work as well. Always be on the lookout for deals where you can buy one and get one item free or at a discount. You are essentially getting an item for half off.
3. Don’t overuse your hair products – Washing your hair too often is not only bad for your wallet; it isn’t the best thing for your hair either. There is no sense spending your hard earned money only to remove important oils and nutrients. You also don’t need a lot of shampoo to create enough lather to wash your hair. Once you get a feel for your hair product, you will get a sense of how much you need to make the product last. You can also think about using a pump dispenser to regulate how much you use each time.
4. Look at hair products that perform multiple functions – Some hair products can perform more than one function. You might spend a little more on an all-in-one hair product, but you will spend less overall.
5. Consider buying cheaper supplements – I know you are probably devoted to your loyal hair product brand, but have you ever thought about why you are really so devoted to it? Often, the reasons we choose a certain hair product have nothing to do with its actual benefits. Consider switching to a cheaper brand. Ask around for what hair product brands people like with similar hair to yours, you can always switch back if you don’t like the results.
There are plenty of ways you can save on the hair products you need to keep your hair fresh, shiny and healthy. Always be on the lookout for great discounts, make smart choices about what you buy and be careful how you use your hair products.
Kalen Smith writes about insurance, finance, home improvement and similar topics with tips on how to save money for the Homeowners Insurance Blog.