Hair Tips for Curly Hair to Help You Define Your Curls
After a lifetime of fighting with their natural curls, curly girls everywhere have made a turn and have started to embrace their curls instead of continuing the battle. Thanks to a big curl comeback on fashion runways and the red carpet events of Hollywood, we now have more hair tips for curly hair girls than ever before!
In talking about hair tips for curly hair I need to be careful, big, curly hair can look messy and dry or strikingly beautiful! The key is in knowing how to manage your type of hair as not all curly hair is the same. There are plenty of good curly hair products on the market to help but you need to identify your hair type before you can give it what it needs. Curly hair is naturally dry and need lots of moisture and deep conditioning treatments to give it shine and definition. A seasoned hairdresser is your best bet for helping you to determine the best curly hair products for your hair type.
The trend with hairdos for curly hair now is ‘big and undefined,” says Ouidad, who in the industry is known as the Queen of Curls. She also says, curly girls have an advantage for another hot trend when styling curly hair; hair accessories. “Curly hair provides lots of bedding to hold accessories.” So with curls you have many options and can get splendidly creative with curly hair styles!
Hair Tips for Curly Hair – Drying Curly Hair
Hair Tips for Curly Hair – The Right Tools
- Get Straight Hair Now! – Hair tips for curly hair start with the right hair dryer with 1400 watts is a good choice. You don’t want to blow the curl out of your hair.
- Diffuser – A diffuser will allow you to use a hair dryer without creating a frizzy mess with your curl hair styles. It disperses heat over a larger area to set in the curl rather than blow out the curl.
Hair Tips for Curly Hair – The Right Curly Hair Products
- Conditioner – a moisturizing conditioner like Ouidad Moisturizing Conditioner
- Gel – to define curls, Ouidad Heat and Humidity Gel
- Finishing spray – Ouidad Styling Mist and Holding Spray
Hair Tips for Curly Hair – The Right Finish
- Pomade – rub a pea size drop between palms and distribute though the hair, this will break up any crunchiness. For more volume, flip upside down and dry with hair dryer and diffuser, in a circular motion at roots only.
For further discussion on hair tips for curly hair you might want to check out these other articles:
- Curly Hairstyles for Round Faces
- Natural Curly Hair Styling Tips
- Curly Hair, Curly Hair . . . New Season Trend!!
- Curly Hair Tips
- Curly Hairstyles
- Curly Hair, Can I Wear a Short Curly Hair Style?
- Tips to End Curly Hair Boredom
- Dress Up Your Curls
Share this article
Tags: Curly HairOctober 2, 2012 By: Barb Quinn Hairstyle Blog Leave your comments (0), Your input matters.
No Comments »
No comments yet.