Hair Hot Rollers A Girls Best Friend!
Now that long, luscious, full-bodied locks is a hair trend that is here to stay, hair hot rollers should be on every girls shopping list!!
For quite some time hair hot rollers have taken a back seat to curling irons and flat irons. It does seem like eon’s ago that we were using hair hot rollers on our clients and ourselves to smooth out frizz from perms and get gloriously shiny big curls that would last for days!
“I Miss My
Hair Hot Rollers”But, truth be told, I found myself dusting off my old set of hair hot rollers recently and I’ve been loving em’ once again! (Matter of fact, I loved em’ so much they finally up and died . . . but they had a good long life.)
So now I find myself looking for a new set of hair hot rollers that will stand up to the old. I threw the old set out and I’m pretty sure they were made by Clairol and had 20 hot rollers in the set. What I liked most about them was that they were smooth with a smooth velvet covering, there was a variety of sizes and there was a thermostat so I could control the heat setting.
Having a variety of roller sizes is nice for getting different style effects. Here’s one of my favorite sets for hair hot rollers. It’s quick and easy, it gives great curl results and they last for days!!
How to get the look from your hair hot rollers:
- Shampoo, condition and put in a volumizing product like Big Sexy Hair Root Pump Plus
- Blow dry for volume, upside down till 90% dry and smooth with big round brush
- Pull hair back into a high ponytail and loosely secure with elastic
- Spray ponytail with Thermal Heat Protector
- Comb out one inch pieces that will easily wrap around mid-size or large hair hot rollers
- Wrap and secure all sections
- Spray lightly with a finishing spray like one of my favorites, Sebastians Shaper Plus
You can get an interesting effect by using two different size hair hot rollers in your ponytail too. Also experiment with dropping the sides out and finishing them with a curling iron or get a smoother effect on the sides and bangs with a round brush.
Of course shopping for hair hot rollers, like anything, can be more complicating than what it originally seems. I thought I could tell what I liked from the picture on the front but I returned the second set of hair hot rollers I bought last night. Long story short, the largest rollers were too small. The box said the ‘jumbo’ roller in the set was 1 1/4 inch. I figured that would be the same size as my 1 1/4 inch curling iron, but it was smaller. I want at least a 20 roller set with 4 jumbo size – 1 1/2 inch, 6 large, 1 1/4 inch and the rest can be smaller. With hair hot rollers . . . size matters!
The other things that matters when purchasing hair hot rollers or, that should be taken into consideration are things like:
- How many rollers and what size do you need for the curl type you want
- Heat-up time
- Ionic, nano or ceramic
- Dry heat vs. steam heat
- Velvet roller coverings or plastic
I’ll let you know what brand of hair hot rollers I end up purchasing and give you my review after I do a bit more research. For pictures of great looks check out our Pinterest Curly Hairstyles and Wavy Hairstyles Boards.
For further discussion on hair tips for curly hair you might want to check out these other articles:
- Curly Hairstyles for Round Faces
- Natural Curly Hair Styling Tips
- Curly Hair, Curly Hair . . . New Season Trend!!
- Curly Hair Tips
- Curly Hairstyles
- Curly Hair, Can I Wear a Short Curly Hair Style?
- How Can I Get Curly Hair With My Flat Iron?
- Tips to End Curly Hair Boredom
Share this article
Leave your comments (0), Your input matters.
No Comments »
No comments yet.