Hair Bun Styling Tips
“Hair Bun Basics”
The beauty of the bun is it’s a classic, chic, effortless hair style. Wet or dry, positioned to the center or the side, all you need is two hands and elastic bands and pins. First, gather hair into a ponytail (exactly where is up to you) and catch with an elastic band.
Try a coated elastic—it won’t damage or tear out your hair. Begin to twist hair, spiraling it around the base of the pony until it buckles back on itself. Tuck the thinner pad of the hair bun underneath and lock in place with pins.
Here are just two examples of the many ways to rock the bun:
Julia Stiles’ braided hair bun This look is perfect for a quick fix and can work with long or shoulder-length hair. Julia’s given it a looser, lived-in look. The back is a ponytail thats been braided, with little bits that pop out.
- GET JULIA STILES LOOK: Here, Julia’s braid is wrapped and pinned to the head using a mix of bobby pins and hair pins. Or, as an alternative, go a bit more structured and sleek.
- Here’s how:
- 1. Make a clean, low side-part and brush hair tightly back into a sleek pony.
- 2. Do the braid or braids (depending on your length of hair) in the same manner: textured and loose.
- 3. Wrap and pin To really mix it up, place your bun on far to either side and add a beautiful hair accessory.
This style is clean and sophisticated, but still very romantic.
- GET ASHLEY’S LOOK:
- 1. Style hair into waves, then part tresses in a halo just in front of the ears or at the center.
- 2. Gather hair with your hands and secure into a low bun.
- 3. Using medium tension, take the front pieces and frame the bun, securing with hair pins.
Other Articles You Might Enjoy
Share this article
Leave your comments (0), Your input matters.
No Comments »
No comments yet.