Growing hair out can be frustrating, here are some tips for making life a little brighter
About three times a week around here, either in an article or discussion board comment, or from one of the students in my class Finding the Right Hairstyle for You! I get a question something like . . . “I’m growing hair out, how do I cope while waiting for my hair to grow out?”
There are several things that I recommend
- Change your hairstyle often, try lots of new things during each new stage, who knows maybe you’ll find the unexpected hairstyle that looks spectacular on you.
- Pay attention to any hairstyle that gets compliments from any source. A compliment should be a great tip off, that a hairstyle really looks great on you.
- Do lots of fun stuff . . . tie in a scarf, try a hair extension, wear hair accessories and hair thingees often.
- Experiment with some different hair colors. Use semi-permanent hair color that shampoos-out easily and quickly.
- Clip out a picture of the new hairstyle you are longing for and post it on your mirror to keep you positive and determined.
- Take a multi-vitamin daily.
- Gently massage the scalp often (hairdressers receive special training on scalp message for a reason, it helps promote healthy hair and hair growth)
- Drink lots of water.
- Keep your hair moisturized with a good moisturizer like Paul Mitchell Super-Charged Moisturizer
- Condition, condition, condition.
- Don’t set the clock back – Damage is your worst enemy during this stage.
- Trim damaged ends often
- Avoid hairstyles that pull too tightly, or stretch or snap the hair. Even a simple ponytail can be damaging to your hair if not done with care.
- Avoid over-processing
- Minimize stress.
- Shampoo only as often as necessary.
- No rubbing with the towel.
- Don’t over expose your hair to the sun.
- Avoid any harsh chemical treatments.
- No perms.
- No hair straightening treatments
- Easy on high lighting.
- Hold up on taking out a second mortgage for some snake oil salesman who claims he has a product that will make your hair grow faster.
Other Articles You Might Enjoy
Share this article
Leave your comments (1), Your input matters.
1 Comment »