French Braided Hairstyles with a Ponytail
French braided hairstyles with side ponytails are fun for girlie girls! How adorable is this French braided hairstyle with a messy ponytail? Easy, chic, messy and just plain fun . . .Voila, instant cute!
- Part hair on side and split at the ear. Pin the rest back so it doesn’t interfere with your braids.
- French braid hair back from the hairline toward the back of your ear and pin behind the ear.
- Tease hair at crown and smooth over.
- Brush hair into side ponytail and secure with elastic at the occipital bone.
- Wrap some hair from the ponytail around elastic and pin
- Curl 1′ sections of ponytail with curling iron
- Lightly back comb ponytail and mist with finishing spray
French Braided Hairstyles and Messy Bun
French braided hairstyles take on a whimsical look when paired with pink flowers and a messy bun.
- Part hair on side and split at ear. Tie the rest back so it doesn’t interfere with braiding.
- Split hair in half vertically to make two separate French braids and pin back section out of the way.
- French braid hair back from hairline (leaving out some face framing layers) to behind the ear and wrap ends with elastic.
- French braid next section like the previous section.
- Backcomb hair at the crown and smooth over.
- Gather hair in low side ponytail and twist into a messy bun pinning ends
- Wrap braided ends around messy bun and pin.
- Pin in flowers
French Braided Hairstyles for Prom or Wedding
French braided hairstyles take on a more formal look with this updo. Perfect for prom hairstyles or even for the bride or bridesmaid hairstyles, this updo is pure elegance! You’ll want smooth, shiny hair with some body for this look.
- Blow dry hair smooth and curl with iron or rollers
- Backcomb lightly at the crown and brush over to smooth.
- Create two French braids, each going back from a center part to the occipital bone.
- Secure braids with elastics and pin
- Brush remaining hair into a low bun and pin, blending over ends of French braids.
- Mist with finishing spray
Another plus for French braided hairstyles, if you decide you no longer want hairstyles with bangs, braiding your bangs and pinning them underneath, is a great way to grow them out!
Share this article
Got a question, war story or comment about this topic? Click on the "Leave Your Comments" link at the very bottom of this article. Some of my best ideas for future articles come from reading reader comments. I'd love to hear from you!
Tags: French BraidOctober 19, 2012 By: Barb Quinn Hairstyle Blog Leave your comments (1), Your input matters.
1 Comment »