Take Your Braids to a New Level
Women of any age look gorgeous in braids, but don’t settle for any boring braid. Step it up a notch to a elegant fishtail side braid with this DIY How To tutorial.
- Step 1:Brush the hair smooth to one side of the head.
- Step 2:Divide the ponytail section into 2 equal parts.
- Step 3:Begin to braid by taking a one inch piece of hair from the outer section of either side . . .
- . . . then add it to the opposite section of hair.
- Step 4:Do the same thing on the opposite side.
- Step 5:Continue braiding until you reach the end and secure with a tie.
- Step 6: For a more “edgy”style, use the end of a rattail comb to pull out random pieces.
- Bonus: For a more formal affair, use bobby pins to secure the fishtail in an updo.
Contributing author Neilie Weidell is a professional cosmetologist at The Uptown Hair District in Minneapolis, a former Bumble and Bumble Educator, and Wella Education Specialist. Neilie has worked with the best, including celebrity hair stylists Kaz Amor, Nicholas French, Nick Arrojo, The Doves, Gina Khan, Richard Hudavoni and Melissa Stone of Sojourn.You can follow Neilie’s blog at http://www.neilieweidell.com or on Twitter @mplsstylist.
For more great looks check out our Pinterest Braid Board
Share this article
Got a question, war story or comment about this topic? Click on the "Leave Your Comments" link at the very bottom of this article. Some of my best ideas for future articles come from reading reader comments. I'd love to hear from you!
Leave your comments (0), Your input matters.
No Comments »
No comments yet.